- S – Safe – Remain safe by not giving out personal information to people you don’t know.
- M – Meeting – Never meet with anyone online that you don’t know.
- A – Accepting – Don’t accept emails, IM, files from people/sources you don’t know – you never know what they could be.
- R – Reliable – Information online is not always a reliable source, be cautious in choosing what you believe and what you don’t.
- T – Tell - If anything online makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy, don’t be afraid to talk to your parent about it.
Through teaching your child the SMART acronym, they can make better decisions based on their online experiences and interactions.